Created by: Seth O'Malley, Thomas & Sons Distillery
1 750 mL bottle apple brandy*
1 750 mL bottle Bluebird Alpine Liqueur
1/2 bottle amontillado sherry**
12 oz fresh lemon juice (about 8 large lemons)
12 oz oleo saccharum of lemon (recipe)
2 tbsp Townshend's Second Flush Darjeeling black tea
4 cups lukewarm water
50 dashes Angostura bitters
Freshly grated nutmeg for garnish
1 bottle Petritegi (a hard Basque cider, optional but recommended)
- Begin by making the oleo saccharum (recipe).
- While the oleo saccharum is resting, cold-brew the tea by combining tea leaves and water; allow to steep for 30 minutes, then strain and set aside.
- When the oleo saccharum is ready, assemble the punch in a punch bowl or a large (attractive) mixing bowl. Add the following ingredients in order: apple brandy, Bluebird, sherry, lemon juice, oleo saccharum, cold-brewed tea, Angostura bitters. Stir.
- Serve in small glasses, adding ice to each portion just before serving.
- Top off each glass with cider (optional) and garnish with nutmeg.
*Clear Creek's apple brandy is best here, but Laird's Applejack works in a pinch.
**No need to splurge on the sherry; anything in $8-10 range will do. Recommended brands include Barbadillo and Hartley & Gibson.